Friday, February 15, 2008

Assignment 3: Pictures Story... AGAIN??!

To be honest, this assignment started off as a dedication to all those singles out there. The purpose is to show that among all the happy couples in the world, there are still some people who are "left out". This would serve as a reminder to the attached people out there: Dun neglect your friends!!!

The original concept is to show everything in pairs. Flowers, animals, objects such as chopsticks, shoes, food such as "You Tiao" and "Butterfly"... Then I'll slowly zoom in or out or do some transistion to reveal the single and left out object of the same kind to kick off an introduction of "being alone".

Then I'll add in pictures of singles in the middle of the street or among couples. I'll show these singles doing things alone such as watching movie, eating, playing arcade and stuff. I'll include a picture with a person sitting at the stairs alone playing his guitar, back facing me and I'll photoshop the surrounding to make it looks as if he's playing in the dark except for a dim spotlight. This is to further emphasize the idea of "lonliness".

And then I'll end of with a kiss of humour with a guy sitting in front of the computer smiling with his nose bleeding and a box of tissue paper beside him. Oh well, if you can understand, I wun say anything about that eh...... Hahaha...


However I realise that we MUST have a story behind our photos when my fellow calssmates presented. Hmmm... isn't this similar to our nm2208 assignment as well as our Assignment 2? Personally I feel that telling a story with pictures and showing an emotion with pictures do NOT differ much, but showing an emotion can be more abstract and fun and allows the audience to think and guess. I like it that way. I love to be abstract.

Oh well since we needa to have a story, I made up a story on the spot and change my originally alot of unattached people to one single person and show how he spent V-day sad and alone. Then i added a twist of lemon such that he may look sad alone on V-day but actually he's enjoying the time along, doing alot of things which guys love doing alone... ALONE...


Ended up I dun quite like this idea any more... =(

So I actually thought of a more fun story since we MUST have a story for our pictures. Anyway will post it up later... Please look forward to it... (O__o)

No comments: